Terms and Conditions for Mobile Banking
Thank you for using The First State Bank Mobile Banking combined with your handheld’s text messaging capabilities. Message & Data rates may apply. For help, text “HELP” to 31727. To cancel, text “STOP” to 31727 at any time. In case of questions, please contact customer service at 979-732-2332 or visit https://fsbcolumbus.com
Terms and Conditions
- Program: The First State Bank offers their customers mobile access to their account information over SMS, as well as the option to set up alerts for their accounts. Enrollment requires identification of the user’s banking relationship as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number’s verification is done by the user receiving an SMS message with a verification code which will then have to be entered on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Message & Data rates may apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
- Questions: You can contact us at 979-732-2332 or send a text message with the word “HELP” to 31727. We can answer any questions you have about the program.
- To stop the program: To stop the messages from coming to your phone, you can opt out of the program via SMS. Just text “STOP” to 31727. You will receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will not receive any future messages.
- Terms & Conditions: By participating in Mobile Banking, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions presented here.
- Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to): AT&T, SprintPCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS.
Mobile Banking and any software you may obtain from Mobile Banking (“Software”) may not be available at any time for any reason outside of the reasonable control of The First State Bank or any service provider.
Privacy and User Information
You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, The First State Bank and its affiliated and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc and its affiliated, may receive names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software (collectively “User Information”). The First State Bank and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you. The First State Bank and its affiliates and service providers also reserve the right to monitor use of Mobile Banking and the Software for purposes of verifying compliance with the law, these terms and conditions and any applicable license, but disclaim any obligation to monitor, filter, or edit any content.
Restrictions on use
You agree not to use Mobile Banking or the Software in or for any illegal activity, fraudulent, unauthorized, or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all application laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal and international internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use Mobile Banking or the Software to transmit or disseminate: (i) junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material; (ii) material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers; (iii) material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by The First State Bank (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of The First State Bank or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of Mobile Banking; (iv) material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g., racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or services of any wireless carries; (v) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information; (vi) any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (vii) any material that would expose The First State Bank, any third-party service provider involved in providing Mobile Banking, or any other third party to liability; or (viii) any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party. You agree that you will not attempt to: (a) access any software or services for which your use has not been authorized; or (b) use or attempt to use a third party’s account; or (c) interfere in any manner with the provision of Mobile Banking or the Software, the security of Mobile Banking or the Software, or other customers of Mobile Banking or the Software; or (d) otherwise abuse Mobile Banking or the Software.
Use of Google Maps
You agree to abide by the Google terms and conditions of use found at http://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.html and the Google Legal Notices found at Legal Notices for Google Maps/Google Earth and Google Maps/Google Earth APIs – Google or the other URLs as may be updated by Google.
Biometric Login for Mobile Banking - Apple®
Touch ID and Face ID are optional login methods for The First State Bank Mobile Banking that are currently available for most Apple® devices that have biometric recognition. To use Touch ID and Face ID, you will need to save your fingerprint/face by going to “Settings > Touch ID & Passcode/Face ID & Passcode” on your Apple device to complete the setup (for more help with fingerprints/face scanning, contact Apple support at apple.com/support). Fingerprints and face scans are stored on your device only and The First State Bank never sees or stores your biometric information. You acknowledge that by enabling Touch ID/ Face ID, you will allow anyone who has a fingerprint/face stored on your device access to your personal and payment account information within The First State Bank Mobile Banking. The First State Bank reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Touch ID/Face ID can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a device. If your device does not recognize your fingerprint or face, you can sign in using your password. To use Touch ID/Face ID for Mobile Banking on multiple devices, you will need to set it up for each device. You can enable or disable Touch ID/Face ID any time from the Services menu within The First State Bank Mobile Banking.
Apple, Touch ID, and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Biometric Login for Mobile Banking- Android®
Fingerprint Login and Face Recognition are optional sign-in methods for The First State Bank - Columbus, TX Mobile Banking that may be available for certain Android® mobile devices that have a built-in fingerprint/face scanner. To use Fingerprint/Face Login, you will need to first save your fingerprint/face on your mobile device (for more help with fingerprint/face scanning, contact the manufacturer that supports your mobile device). Fingerprints and face scans are stored on your device only, and The First State Bank - Columbus, TX never sees or stores your fingerprint/face information. You acknowledge that by enabling Fingerprint/Face Login, you will allow anyone who has a fingerprint or face stored on your device access to your personal and payment account information within The First State Bank - Columbus, TX Mobile Banking. The First State Bank - Columbus, TX reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Fingerprint/Face Login can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a device. If your device does not recognize your fingerprint/face, you can sign in using your standard login credentials (e.g. password). To use Fingerprint/Face Login for Mobile Banking on multiple devices, you will need to set it up for each device. You can enable or disable Fingerprint/Face Login anytime within The First State Bank - Columbus, TX Mobile Banking.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Card Controls Additional Terms
- The Card Controls feature is only available for debit cards issued by The First State Bank that you register within the Mobile Banking App
- The Card Controls alerts and controls you set through use of the Mobile Banking App may continue to apply, even if you delete the Mobile Banking App or remove it from your mobile device. Please contact The First State Bank to discontinue the alerts and controls.
- Certain Card Control functionality within the Mobile Banking App may to be available for all transactions. Controls and alerts based on the location of the mobile device where the Mobile Banking App is installed or the location of the merchant where the card is being attempted for use may not apply appropriately to card-not-present transactions or transactions where the actual location of the merchant differs from the merchant’s registered address.
- Card Controls may enable access to The First State Bank and third parties’ services and websites, including GPS locator websites, such as Google’s. Use of such services may require Internet access and that you accept additional terms and conditions applicable thereto.
- To the extent this Mobile Banking App allows you to access third party services, The First State Bank, and those third parties, as applicable, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any of those services at any time without notice. In no event will we be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such services. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain services, in any case and without notice or liability.
- THE MOBILE BANKING APP, THE SERVICES AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF THE MOBILE BANKING APP OR THE SERVICES MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT THEY ARE PROHIBITED BY STATE LAW.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE MOBILE BANKING APP AND THE SERVICES MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS, INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES THAT IS CAUSED BY OR ARISES OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANC OF THE MOBIL BANKING APP, OR THE SERVICES, OR THE WEBSITE THROUGH WHICH THE MOBILE BANKING APP OR THE SERVICE OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE MOBILE BANKING APP, THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE THROUGH WHICH THE APP OR THE SERVICES IS OFFERED, THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAIN FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS AND CONTRACTORS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Privacy and User Information - Data Analytics
You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, The First State Bank - Columbus, TX and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive data about your usage of the service (such as session length, number of transactions and geolocation), and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software. The First State Bank - Columbus, TX and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking, perform analytics to improve the service, and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you.
Eligible Items for Mobile Remote Deposit Capture
- All items MUST be endorsed with your signature and have either the phrase “FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT ONLY-THE FIRST STATE BANK” or check the mobile deposit box and write “The First State Bank.”
- Customers may only deposit checks that are made out directly to the account holder.
- Third party checks may not be deposited through Mobile Remote Deposit Capture.
- Foreign items and IRD’s (Image Replacement Documents) may not be deposited through Mobile Remote Deposit Capture.
- Checks payable to the account holder and jointly to another party who is not an account holder also may not be deposited through Mobile Remote Deposit Capture.
- A check made payable to two payees must be endorsed by both payees. If the check is written out to “A” OR “B” then either may endorse the check. If the check is written out to “A” AND “B” then both must endorse the check.
- Customers are instructed to retain the original paper check until the funds are posted to their account. After the funds are posted, the customer should destroy the original check by marking it “VOID” and then shredding the original copy.
- Returned substitute checks created by the Bank’s Remote Deposit Service are handled similarly to conventional returns by charging back to a customer’s account.
- Funds availability for mobile deposits will be treated the same as other deposits and the availability schedule is specified in the customer’s depositor agreement. Funds are normally received within two business days. Deposits transmitted before 3:15 pm CST will be credited for the current business day. Deposits transmitted after 3:15 pm CST, or on weekends or holidays will be posted the next business day.
- Transaction and Amount/Account Limits:
- Transaction dollar limit default is a total of $8000.00 per customer per day.
Checks need to be endorsed with your signature and have either the phrase 'Mobile Deposit ONLY - The First State Bank' or check the mobile deposit box and write “The First State Bank”